I am Sister Torie Inman and I have been called of God to serve as a full-time missionary for His church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the Arizona Tucson Mission.

Monday, February 15, 2016

Sister Inman Letter - February 15, 2016

Honey, I'm home!

(We got to speak with Sister Inman on the phone this morning while she was at the airport, leaving the MTC. Was great to hear her voice!)

Hello family and friends!

I made it safely to my mission! What a neat thing. I flew from Salt Lake City to the Tucson Airport. It is so hot here, especially coming from tons of snow and the freezing cold. But in summary of my MTC experience, it was one of the best, spiritually uplifting, and edifying experiences of my life. The Spirit is so strong there, and everyone is friendly, happy, and ready to do the Lord's work.

I have learned so much. I understand my purpose so much more. I have come to understand just how much the Spirit plays a role in our teaching. It's actually quite the contrary. WE are the tools that the Spirit uses. Our whole purpose is to help others to increase their faith in Jesus Christ, whether it is a nonmember, less active, or active member, our job is to help strengthen others' faith in Jesus Christ and to help them receive the Restored Gospel through acting on that faith. I have come to love people more. I have noticed that when I study and prepare, and listen with love, I will be directed to know what to say and do, and the Spirit is more able to teach them, and me.
I have been able to feel genuine love and concern for people whom I just met. I have see Christ's Atonement work in every single life. The Atonement is very real. It can comfort the most depressed of souls, it can heal the deepest of wounds, and turn the nastiest of people into Saints. The Gospel changes lives.

"Don't let the mission change you, let the Savior Jesus Christ change you."

I have come to love my district so much. I already miss them. All of the Elders going to Texas, and the other three Sisters going to Philadelphia.

Last night, we were able to do somewhat of a farewell with our district. The Spirit was so strong...


We ended the night with our testimonies and final words to those of us leaving today, and some very nice things were said to us. We then sang "We'll bring the World His truth" together, and we all cried while singing, and it was such a powerful moment. We then said a heartfelt kneeling prayer together. And then we said our goodbyes and I was sobbing so hard. Like bad. But I got pictures with everyone. We all promised to keep in touch and send each other the pictures we took at the MTC, along with a group email for all of us :)

I have arrived safely to the mission with about 14 other missionaries! I received a warm welcome back from the Passey's. I also contacted two people on the plane, but was moved or they left before I could give them a card or get their information : / darn.

But anyway, thank you all for supporting me in this. I love all of you so much and pray for you often. I hope you have a great week :)

Oh and also, President told me where I was going. I am going to Pima, AZ (I figured I would go to the Gila Valley or Tucson, so I guessed part of it! I will be covering 4 wards.... Yes, four. But yeah! So I will stay the night with a local sister.

Love,
Sister Inman

No comments:

Post a Comment