I am Sister Torie Inman and I have been called of God to serve as a full-time missionary for His church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the Arizona Tucson Mission.

Monday, June 20, 2016

Sister Inman Letter - June 13, 2016

Sorry, I have like nooo time :(

Hey all! I am so sorry, I got to responding to an email and it took longer than anticipated. BUT, I didn't forget about you haha. :)

Kind of a rough week again, but it got better towards the end!

Both Rudy and Race came to Church on Sunday! :D So happy. :)
We spoke in sacrament meeting in Pima 3rd ward, for a missionary farewell. That was a little bittersweet, but really good! He is going to Little Rock, Arkansas! His name is Elder Stiles-Culver. I don't know what he will be called in the mission. And we also taught sharing time in Pima 2nd ward. 

On Wednesday morning we did Commodities, outside, in the BLAZING HEAT. Good thing I got ready that day. -_- We wear proselyting clothes for that service, so we were burning up and sweating a LOT, but luckily we had water given to us throughout the whole time. I didn't get a bad sunburn this time, though, because I wore sunscreen! Yay! :) Our district meeting right afterwards was about teaching doctrines, and we practiced doing that, and I think it will really help us in our teaching! The spirit is at its strongest when we teach the pure, unchanging doctrines of the gospel, especially out of the scriptures or out of the words of the prophets. We had lunch with a few missionaries in our zone.

From Wednesday through Thursday, we were on exchanges, and I got to be with Hermana Adams, my second trainer! It was kind of crazy to be companions with her again, having grown myself, and learned how to be a better missionary. But it was a sweet reunion, and I also realized that I had completely lost most, if not all, of my Spanish since I was companions with her :'( That made me very sad.

I have been studying the Christlike Attribute of Diligence. A couple of neat things that I found in Preach My Gospel:

Diligence is:
1. Steady, Consistent, Earnest, and Energetic effort in doing the Lord's work.
2. Working effectively and efficiently.
3. An expression of your love for the Lord and His work.

You can find joy and satisfaction in your work when you are diligent!

How can you be diligent:

1. Do many good things of your own free will
2. Don't wait to be told to do things. In other words, Seek to be on the ball.
3. Continue until you have done all you can, DESPITE being tired.
4. Prioritize and Focus on the most important things, and avoid wasting time!
5. Pray for guidance and strength
6.Plan regularly and effectively!
7. Avoid anything that distracts your thoughts or actions from the work.

These are just a few of the things I have found, and will be seeking to incorporate more this week! There are so many promised blessings to those who try their best to be diligent and obedient.
Good scriptures for Diligence are: Moroni 9:6 and D&C 123:17

Thursday we did service at two food banks, and did exercise with the Safford district (still on exchanges)

Then the rest of the week was a blur because we finally finished most of our weekly planning!!!! WOOO!!!!

This next week we are doing a Discovery Day for family history in our stake. We are helping out at that. In a couple weeks we will be singing a duet in church, and I am quite nervous for that, but...... The Lord will hopefully sing for me, because I'm sure His voice sounds a lot better :) No, I'm not too bad. That's what practice is for!

Anyway, I am SO EXCITED I AM GOING TO BE AN AUNT! YES!!!!!! I TOTALLY KNEW IT. I'm getting a niece. :) And I'm happy to hear Jesse loved AP Camp! :)

Have a great week! And Happy Father's Day, Dad! I have the best Dad in the workd!

Sister Inman

No comments:

Post a Comment