I am Sister Torie Inman and I have been called of God to serve as a full-time missionary for His church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the Arizona Tucson Mission.

Monday, June 20, 2016

Sister Inman Letter - June 20, 2016

Last Full Week of the Transfer :'(



I hate transfers. They make me so sad. And then everybody changes and you either get a new companion or you get a completely new group that you don't know, or whatever... Gah. We find out what is happening on Saturday night. Pray for me that I go or stay where I need to! I love my companion. And I love Pima so much. I don't want to leave. I love the Gila Valley. 

BUT, on a brighter note.......

Monday was fun! We played basketball and volleyball for P-day! We've got an awesome zone. Love them! And we all live within 10 miles of each other, so we see each other like all of the time. Only in the Gila Valley! There are about 24 missionaries, I think? Super fun. My skills at sports have decayed rapidly since Sierra Vista, which makes me sad, but it's okay.

Tuesday was super busy and awesome! We had a lesson with Shawnee, and her reading is still getting better! She still struggles, but there is power in the Book of Mormon, and her reading has improved since she has been listening and reading out loud. :)

We also visited with Peggy again. I love that lady. We had a really good lesson with her about eternal families, temples, and family history. It started off a little rocky, but the moment we began to testify that she would be able to see her deceased husband again, because of the Plan that Heavenly Father created for us, the Spirit was very strong. I know we all felt it. Peggy related to us that she had a strong desire to do family history as well, but just really doesn't know how. We invited her to the Stake FH Day and she seemed very interested in going and almost did! But then she got sick. :( Almost! Then we went over to the Busby's (we met them the week before) and tried to have a lesson with them, but were not able to because they are a little long winded and distracted aha. They are actually a really cool family! It is a part-member family, and their son William is actually the wife's son from another husband. But we are teaching their son William! Sweet kid, has been going to scouts, but attends church in another ward in Thatcher and should be coming to our ward next Sunday! :) We had dinner with them on Saturday night, which was interesting. It turned out okay, they made us homemade lasagna and homemade apple pie and it was super good! We did a summary of the Book of Mormon and testified of it's truth, and invited him to read and pray about the Book of Mormon! We will see what happens!

But other than that, not too much happened that is exciting. We met with Race again a couple of times, and he is all set to be baptized on Saturday! We will have to reschedule Rudy's baptismal date, but he has been coming to church every Sunday! We are going to be singing in church next Sunday too! Cool stuff :) kinda nervous.

Something that I thought I'd share with you all:

I just learned again, but in more depth yesterday that the Book of Mormon IS true. It has to be. It is the word of God, and I don't think I would have had that same experience if I hadn't testified of the promised blessings and had someone challenge me and say that the promises are not sure, and that it tells us "if" or that "you might" feel these feelings. Back home, I could have just gotten angry and yelled back at this man and shut him down, but it really troubled me. I had to prove this man wrong. I had to know for myself that these words were true, and as I was reading the Book of Mormon yesterday, I finished 2 Nephi. The last three chapters are incredible. In particular, the last two chapters. He tells us, if you don't believe in my words, believe in Christ. And if you believe in Christ, you will believe in my words. But if they are not the words of Christ, judge ye, because He will prove to you that they are His words with His power, and we will stand face to face at the judgement bar and these very words will condemn you. The words of Christ invite us to do good. If they don't... they are not the words of Christ. And I just have had it confirmed to me over and over that this work is so true. It has to be. 

But anyway, I'm sorry I don't have any more time left. I'm sorry this email is kind of lame. :(

But I love you all so much! The church is true!!! I love my mission so much. It's the hardest thing I've ever done, but it's the best and most rewarding. I love this gospel and this work!!! 

Have a fantastic week! :)

Sister Inman

No comments:

Post a Comment