I am Sister Torie Inman and I have been called of God to serve as a full-time missionary for His church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the Arizona Tucson Mission.

Saturday, July 9, 2016

Sister Inman Letter - June 27, 2016

Ready or not here I come..... I guess the Lord trusts me! CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

Family! How are you?!

Wow, this week has been crazy... What a spiritually-packed and faith-building week. I will just share a couple of experiences with you. But first, TRANSFER NEWS!!!!! Guess what is happening?!

WELL, I am leaving Pima :'( and I am going to the Northwest Zone in Tucson, and PINK WASHING AN ELDERS' AREA. (That means they take both of the Elders out of the area and put two new Sisters, completely new
to the area.) My new companion will be Sister Heidi Hunt, who was Sister Charles' companion before me! Crazy. But what is fun, is that like half of the Gila Valley is going to Tucson! And I have some friends there :)

But anyway, this week has been a lot better than last week. I feel so much better, I am happier, I have purpose, and I am pumped!!!

This week I learned that the Lord trusts me and has a lot more in store for me than I thought. And that I really can accomplish anything that the Lord asks me to, if I trust in the Lord.

I will just share the highlights, which happened in the second half of the week.

We had interviews with President on Friday, and I walked out feeling like I can do anything. Like the Lord has a plan for me as a missionary. We talked about what I have learned these past 8.5 months of my mission, what I have learned this transfer, what my goals are for the rest of my mission, etc. He gave me a sneak peek at what was going to happen, and told me I was pink washing in NW, but didn't tell me who my companion was. And he just told me some very encouraging things that helped me a lot. And he told me that I looked good, that I
looked happy and confident. And some nice things that had been said about me by the Senior couple in our district.

Then on Saturday we had the best baptism ever! The Spirit was so strong. Race was baptized, and his parents, and nonmember family, and a ton of friends came to support him. When he was being baptized and Brother Weech was saying the prayer, and named the three members of the Godhead, he was looking at Race, and he was just listening really intently and nodded after each one. Such a sweet kid. Sister Chandler and I gave the talks. Then on Sunday it was such a sweet moment when he received the Holy Ghost.

In 2nd Ward, we sang "I'll go where you want me to go". And the Spirit was even more strong. We  messed up a couple of times and squeaked, or were sharp/flat, but the emotion and Spirit was definitely there. It was pretty powerful. And after we finished, the whole room was just filled with this warmth. Lots of people came up to us afterwards and told us that it was beautiful, that we did amazing, and that they really needed that. That they felt the Spirit. :)

And then Sunday night, we went and taught William again. This time.... Was different. Quite a spiritual experience for ME. I needed that. I felt the Spirit so strong, again. We saw that there was a storm coming, and debated whether or not to go out there, because it is in a wash. But we prayed and felt like we really needed to go. I was still hesitant and afraid, but I am so glad we went. We were trying to teach the Restoration, and we each shared our experience about coming to know the Book of Mormon was true. There was the Spirit again. I was trying to find a scripture to read them, but then Phil said, no, don't look for the scripture, open it randomly, and the Spirit will guide it. It will be just what you, or us, or somebody needs. It works every time. I didn't want to, and he said, "Do you have enough faith?" And I finally did. And I opened it. And I read what was on the page at the first paragraph that jumped out at me. And he asked, "that's what you needed, isn't it?" And I said "yep..." And started bawling. It was exactly what I needed. And he even began to cry and get emotional too. And he testified that it works every time, that God always gives you what you need. And it was just a tender moment. Very spiritually
intense. But anyway, it was just what I needed to hear.

I am going to miss Pima so much. The people, my companion, the area, my district and zone,the Gila Valley..... But I am so excited to see how the Lord can strengthen me and sustain me as I accept this challengers Tucson. Here's to a new experience, and a new transfer, and a new challenge! :)

I love you all! Have a great week!
Sister Inman



Food bank


 me and "Grandma", the director
of the food bank and also a member.

Chopped off 4.5inches off my hair, and it was another good day with
Sister Chandler!

The Martinez family!!! (Debbie and Ray)

Me and Joe-Joe, his mom Sylvia is taking the lessons

We matched and didn't even try!!! Me, Sister Chandler, and Hna. Adams
Sister McCombie had a bright idea in district meeting

No comments:

Post a Comment