I am Sister Torie Inman and I have been called of God to serve as a full-time missionary for His church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the Arizona Tucson Mission.

Friday, October 7, 2016

Sister Inman Letter - October 3, 2016

What a Fantastic Conference!

Hello family!

Well, I've been sick most of this week. I was doing fine until I randomly became congested and all that nastiness. Ugh it's miserable. And, I also left my journal at home. But luckily I wrote a few notes on my iPad, so here's what I got!

We have been working with this amazing family, the Show's. They are active, but the kids just need some uplifting and spiritual boosts. They are so wonderful, and I have come to love them so much already. They are on Fall Break. Over here they do year-round school, so their breaks are longer. But we have been going over there every morning and reading from the Book of Mormon with the kids. They are so cute. The youngest boy is 6. And he's such a cute kid. :)

Tuesday we had our daily visit, and they made us muffins.
Wednesday we set a baptismal date with Jayda!!!!!! October 29th :) Her mom said she was so excited for her! :) We are so happy for her, she is amazing. She is living with some members in our ward, the Weitz. 
On Thursday, Rod, our investigator committed to give up coffee for one day!
Sister Leach helped us and gave him the idea to put a picture of Jesus on his coffee pot. :) it made me so proud when he got up and did it. That takes humility. We almost cried.


Inline image 1

Friday
Lunch at Freddy's with Billy!!! :) we got lost.... ;( Billy is a super old man who loves the missionaries. He's been baptized for a couple years now, I think, and he just loves all of the missionaries in the world. So he is at every transfer day, and keeps in contact with all of the Sister Missionaries in the mission, and wishes us "Happy Sabbath"s, and will drive all over the place to take each of us out to lunch or for ice cream. He is the sweetest, and I finally got to meet him in person!


Inline image 6

Saturday
Morning Session at Stake Center, then afternoon session of conference with Diane!!! Awesome!!! (Future baptismal date? She's so ready!) Also, please pray for her. She has gone through a lot.

Wasn't Conference amazing? I loved it so much.

And then...ROD GAVE US HIS COFFEEEEE!!!! He had gone two whole days without it, and then we asked him to get rid of his remaining coffee, and he gave it to us!!!! We are keeping it as a reminder that God is Good! :)

Inline image 4


Sunday
General Conference with Leach's! Their daughter is on a mission, and she comes out with us to a lot of lessons. She is amazing!
Inline image 5

Some thoughts:SHARE THE GOSPEL! Do not be hesitant to testify of the Restoration or of Joseph Smith.
Read, "Make the exercise of faith your first priority" footnote 6. Incredible promises about the Book of Mormon and Prayer and FHE and Temple Attendance!

REACH OUT to less active's/NONMEMBERS who are meeting with missionaries, especially when they come to church! 

-pray for missionaries in the ward, then pray for guidance to know how YOU can help them, and then be WILLING to act! Invite them to take discussions in your home. 
-fellowship new members and love them to death! Constant support! 

I have definitely seen how the power of prayer has helped me as a missionary and in this area. I noticed that much of conference was focused on the simple doctrines and principles of the Gospel, namely: the Gospel of Jesus Christ: (Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Holy Ghost, Enduring to the End....) As well as service, prayer, the Restoration  and Joseph Smith.(I especially loved those ones) :). And I very much came to understand and deepen my conversion and testimony and desire to share these truths with EVERYBODY. I have to say that the music in this particular conference was very inspiring and I noticed more this time how well the talks were aligned with the music performed. I noticed this association when President Uchtdorf said the hymn would be "Come, Ye Thankful People Come" and then President Eyring's talk was on Gratitude. (I totally guessed it too haha.) 

But Saturday Afternoon's Session was particularly meaningful, especially because it was very much missionary-minded, and missionaries sang, and I cried a lot. Especially because it was, "I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go". I really needed the talk that was given about being Ambitious for Christ. And I really pondered upon when he told the story about the poor, sweet missionary in Japan, (Korea?) and he had to be sent home for medical reasons. I just about cried when He said, "Why am I here?" "Why was I called to Japan?" That just struck me to the very center. I had to ask myself that selfsame question. "Why am I here? Why was I called to the Arizona Tucson Mission?" And I really had to think. There has to be a reason why I was kept so close, and why I needed to be here. I am still figuring that out. I still get questions about it all of the time. I still get asked how I felt about being called here. 

I also loved President Uchtdorf's talk about what faith Can do and Cannot do. That really helped me as well!
Anyway, Sorry that was kind of a lame email! All I really have is pictures! I hope you have a wonderful week! I love yo so much!

Love,
Sister Inman

HORNY TOAD!

Look what these little boys did to their sister's room when she is gone! They turned it into a fort with disco lights. No, Jesse, you do not have permission to turn my room into a fort. Rory already stole it. ;) Unless she wants to have a disco party for her birthday... :)





No comments:

Post a Comment