I am Sister Torie Inman and I have been called of God to serve as a full-time missionary for His church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the Arizona Tucson Mission.

Friday, October 7, 2016

Sister Inman Letter - September 26, 2016

Hello from the middle of Nowhere!!!



Howdy hey! Sorry, I'm distracted today.

Well ladies and gentlemen, here we are. I've been transferred to the grand city of Vail, Arizona. Don't know where that is? That's okay. Essentially it is like a helicopter was flying in the desert in search of life forms, and then the pilot sneezed and dropped a couple neighborhoods and houses sporadically throughout. I like it, though, it reminds me of my first area, but more like Hereford and Palominas than Sierra Vista haha.

But this week has been really good!

I feel like I was sent to this area so that I could apply the tremendous successes I had in my last area to help this area to bloom and flourish! It's quite different from my last area. In many ways!

But I love my companion, Sister McCombie. She is from Chini, Washington, by Spokane, and came out with me when I came back from the MTC. We served right next to each other in the Gila Valley. This is the first time I have been Senior Companion. It's a different experience, that's for sure! And I'm also the Designated Driver!  (Never saw that one coming, huh? Hahaha.)  I'm driving a Nissan Frontier. We definitely need one out here in the Boonies.

Since I came to this area, I have had an increased determination to serve with ALL of my heart, might, mind, and strength. I have consistently followed the morning and night schedule near perfectly this whole week. And I feel that it has helped me feel more capable as a missionary, my studies have become more meaningful, and the Spirit is increasingly more present.

One thing I have been working on lately has been sincere prayer, and calling upon the powers of Heaven through prayer. Since I have been improving my prayers, I feel the Spirit working more through me, and I feel more confident that I can be successful in this area, with my companion, who also works extremely hard every day. I am learning so much from her.

We are praying and working and trying our hardest to find the people that the Lord has prepared. I feel like my Faith to Find has been strengthened already!

Tuesday was probably the most productive transfer day ever! We immediately got to work! We had a lesson with a man named Rod, who became our new investigator this week! He already reads from the Book of Mormon and Bible every day, and has a testimony of prayer. His prayers are so sincere! We invited him to be baptized on October 22nd. We will be working with him a bit. He knows God wants him to be baptized, but said he just has to want to do it. So we invited him to pray for the desire to do God's will and be baptized. Another lesson was with Amara, a freshman, who told us she was going to be baptized into another church on Sunday........ we have tried to help her understand Priesthood authority, but we might need to go over that again. We fasted for her. She wasn't baptized yesterday, and she postponed it for another month. We have time. :)

Well, I have felt and seen the Lord's hand in my life! God is so good to me. He has especially been blessing me to catch onto names and details and directions more quickly than ever. And it has been amazing. I am so grateful.

Women's conference was INCREDIBLE!!! My favorite was President Uchtdorf's talk. "Fourth Floor, Last Door". Missionary work to a T. My prayers and concerns were answered. :) Everyone go back and watch it!

On Sunday I seriously gave 6 prayers in church, including sacrament, because I am the new missionary. I also held a guinea pig last night that peed on my arm and skirt. Check that off the bucket list.

Anyway, I love you all and pray for you daily!

Have a great week!
Love,
Sister Inman

From last week and this week:

I had to snag your wonderful missionaries for a picture tonight, while I was waiting for my YW to be picked up.


This one family has a ton of dogs and most of them have handicaps. This one's name is Barbie because they spilled pink paint on it.

Found this little creepy critter, as big as my finger!

Selfie a day. Day 1

Day 3

Lovely sign on the door hahaha

Sister Inman

Me and the Brinkerhoff's

Transfer Day!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment