I am Sister Torie Inman and I have been called of God to serve as a full-time missionary for His church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the Arizona Tucson Mission.

Saturday, September 24, 2016

Sister Inman Letter - September 19,2016

Off to a New Adventure!



Well family, it looks like my time is done here in the Northwest. And I'm off in a new direction, headed for the Southeast Zone! And guess what?! I already know and love my new companion! Sister McCombie, from my last area. She came out with me the second time. And this will be the first time I am senior companion! Crazy! But anyway, I am being sent to the Cienega and Corona Wards in Vail, AZ. Another Outskirt! I love it! I have loved Oro Valley, and I have loved these amazing wards here, and the wonderful people, and our ward mission leaders and ward councils, and I have absolutely loved the experiences that I have had with less actives and investigators here. I have witnessed so many people prepared to hear the word of God. I am so going to miss it. And I am very sad to leave this area so soon after getting here. But I think I am handing it a lot better than I have in the past. 

It is funny though, because you remind me that there really is only one Sister Torie Inman. Well when I told people in the ward that I was being transferred, and who was coming in, pretty much all of them said, "Well, she won't be another Sister Inman. You can't replace her." Haha. 

I'm sorry I don't have a ton of time. Unfortunately, I have had my time cut short today, as I have a ton of packing and cleaning to do. I will probably need to send some stuff home. Things I still want, but won't need or use until I get home. I am so sorry this letter is probably going to be lame. I have a lot on my mind. I will probably just do short snippets.

Bob came to church on Sunday AGAIN! And LISA!!! So many tender mercies. Well, this week was pretty good! We had some great experiences! We got a new investigator this week, named Alicia. She had apparently met with missionaries before when she lived in Nevada. She has been going through a terrible time in her life, and she called our Bishop for spiritual help. He referred us to her, and she invited us over this week. We are meeting with her again tonight. She is so sweet, and I could just feel the love that God has for her. We told her that we loved her and gave a simple prayer to bless her and her family and she cried. It seems like nobody has told her or expressed genuine love for her in a long time. We gave her a Plan of Salvation pamphlet, and she read it after we left, called us, and said how much she LOVED it! She said that it gave her such hope and happiness to know that God loves her, and what His Plan is for her life. She said she couldn't even express how much it meant to her. She is truly one who is "hungering and thirsting after righteousness"!

We met with Enrique and Grisel, and Enrique told us, "I'm just going to tell you guys something. I feel like this is true. I have a feeling in my heart that this is what God wants for my family. I just want to know all of the components to what exactly it is that is true about it." WHAT?! Did I hear the word GOLDEN? I am going to miss them. They are SO prepared to hear the gospel. He said he was relieved when he heard that it was a Mormon Temple being built. And in between our appointments, he looked up a talk by a general authority, because he wanted to know what the church's stance on something was. Who actually goes to the right source for answers? What? And he read the first chapter in Alma, and said he really liked it. He even marked his favorite verses in the Book of Mormon! And his comprehension was fantastic. he apologized that he didn't get all the way through the chapter. Are you kidding me? Every missionary's dream right here.

But that's about all of the time I have today! Sorry!

Our mission has been given a mission-wide challenge, #FTF, #Faith to Find #Fill the Font, which is to get at least one baptism and reactivation in EACH companionship and area, before our next Zone Conference in November. BRING IT ON! LET'S DO THIS!!!

Have a great week! I love you! :)

Sister Inman





(A sweet sister in Torie's area snapped this picture and texted it to us. THANKS! Here's what the text said. ) "
I had to snag your wonderful missionaries for a picture tonight, while I was waiting for my YW to be picked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment