I am Sister Torie Inman and I have been called of God to serve as a full-time missionary for His church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the Arizona Tucson Mission.

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Sister Inman Letter - January 2, 2017

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!



So I'm emailing from my iPad, so sending pictures will be a pain, but I'll do it! We have a lot.

This week was a lot better! We still aren't as up to speed with the area as I'd like to be. But the AWESOME NEWS is that we got a NEW INVESTIGATOR named Fiona, and got her PROGRESSING in the same week! And we also set a baptismal date for NATHANIEL!!!! We didn't even expect to set one with him, but we had set a goal and had prayed to set a baptismal date with someone. And during our lesson with him, we were discussing what we should do going forward, and if he had desires to progress towards baptism. We asked him the baptismal questions to gear where he was at spiritually. Then I randomly felt a prompting, "This is it. Set a baptismal date, this is what he needs right now!"

 So I brought out a calendar to look at dates. And said something like "Nathaniel, do you see yourself being baptized? Something we do as missionaries is we help people to progress towards specific dates for baptism. If we set a date with you, we will do everything that we can to help you be baptized on that day." He said, well, it might be a little way out... and so I gave him a few dates, and he said "March 18th." We're getting closer! :)

Also, remember Enrique and Grisel from Puerto Rico that I started teaching in my last area? Well I got a text from the Sisters in that area, and they said "GUESS WHAT?! Enrique has been coming to church regularly and wants to be baptized! We set a date with him for February 11th! They said to tell you and that they wanted you to come!" That made me SO so happy, to know that someone who I had grown to love, and who I had shared my earnest and honest testimony with was progressing in their conversion and was going to enter the waters of baptism next month. There is no greater news to a missionary than that of someone coming closer to Christ. It helped me to keep going, even if I was just planting seeds.

On New Year's Eve, Sister Spencer and I had fun. We made sure to finish planning and be home on time, and everything else, and we celebrated at 10:00pm, which would be midnight in Indiana, where my companion is from. I'll send you a video of the countdown. We couldn't do any fireworks, so we just watched our neighbors'. And we had glow in the dark balloons. :)

Sunday was good. We are now only over two wards :( we lost Cienega. But all of the talks and teachers were perfect! :)

Please pray for Diane, she hasn't been doing very well health wise. Satan has been trying to tear her down and she's been feeling very weak. Please keep her in your prayers!!!

Well, I don't think I have a whole lot else to tell you! I am doing better, I am setting goals and am beginning to accomplish them! It's a new year, and I got this! I love the gospel, I love the Book of
Mormon. I love being a missionary.

Have a great week, I love each of you and am so proud of the great things that you are doing! Rory is beautiful, and our family is beautiful! Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!!! Thank you for keeping your Covenants to each other so we can be together forever! I am so lucky to have you all as my family.

Love,
Sister Inman

Happy new year! Be strong! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment