I am Sister Torie Inman and I have been called of God to serve as a full-time missionary for His church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the Arizona Tucson Mission.

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Sister Inman Letter - December 26, 2016

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Heyyyoooo!!! It's Ricoooo!!!! Just kidding, it's me, Sister Inman.

It was so great to see and talk to all of my family yesterday, and to FINALLY meet Chauncey and Rory!!! Wow. I truly have the greatest gift ever. A family that loves and supports one another, who is strong. We have the gospel.

Well I told you most of what I could've written you today already! But last night we went caroling as a district, and we actually sounded really good! We had the four part harmony and everything! It was pretty fun :)

The Christmas conference was really good! We made people cry during our performance, and lots of comments like, "I didn't know you could play/sing!" Neither did I! But God helped me when I really tried my best. It's a good principle to keep in mind! Through Him, I can do anything. Our mission has a new challenge: between Christmas and Easter, we will read through and study the Book of Mormon with a specific purpose or question. We will pray, and seek for inspiration to find answers. I have accepted the challenge! That is right before the end of my mission. And I know it will strengthen my faith and relationship with Christ. I invite you to join with me!!! :)

Christmas was good, I managed to not overeat or gain like 12 pounds like I did last year! Woohoo! Going strong! Thank you all so much for the wonderful cards and gifts you sent me. I really loved each of the things I got, and I'm grateful for the thought that was put into it, just for me! Thank you thank you! :) thank you for your words of encouragement, love, and advice. I couldn't do it without you!

I am grateful for my Savior. I am grateful for the knowledge that I have of this restored gospel. I know this Church is the only living and true church. Christ is at the Head!

I love all of you, you are the best! I miss you and I am so grateful for you!
Have a great week and rest of the year!
Love,
Sister Inman

I'll talk to you next year! It's been an eventful, wonderful year. I went through the temple. I participated in several baptisms and have been able to help many more begin or continue their journey. I am so grateful to be a missionary! Here's to a great 2016, and a new chance and opportunity in 2017!!! :)

Ugly sweater contest.... look at the tree!!! Haha

After our performance!


After our performance!

The gift exchange at the Christmas conference


Look what I got! "Oh snap" with broken gingerbread men! Haha

They got put in the corner for jumping on the couch haha.

Getting ready on Christmas Eve!

This gingerbread house is two stories... has outdoor Christmas
lights, and is furnished on the inside. WOW. This family takes this
thing seriously! It's so awesome!!!

This was the other one. Also furnished. With lights.

We are loved!!! Christmas!!!

We got matching onesies!!! I was so excited!!!

We put everyone's last names (in our district) on mini stockings
and filled them with candy. It was fun to do :)

The necklace that Aunt Kathy gave me. It's super pretty! I love it :)

Helping Sister Leach wrap presents!

Some of our Christmas decorations!

A member gave us money for a treat! So, in the winter, we got Frost
Gelato haha :)

We decided to make our own fireplace out of tissue paper, cardboard
boxes and paper, Christmas lights, paint, and a sharpie! We were
actually surprised with how good it turned out! It added to the
Christmas feeling!

We're not Charlie's angels, we're the Lord's active duty missionaries. :)

 I beat Parker at an intense sword fight!

Christmas morning, new dress

Onesies - Front
Onesies - Rear


you stinkers! Sister Inman's view of our Skype session. We were singing jingle bells with our mouth's closed.

snow on the mountain

No comments:

Post a Comment