I am Sister Torie Inman and I have been called of God to serve as a full-time missionary for His church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the Arizona Tucson Mission.

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Sister Inman Letter - December 12, 2016

14 Months Out. 4 months left. It's Go time.

Well ladies and gentlemen, another week out, and I've hit 14 months today. 

Lots of pictures today!!!

I am so grateful to have Sister Spencer as my companion. Even just the first day we were together, I knew it was inspired. It has been a little rocky week, due to trying to adjust to things and I'm still figuring out what's going on and taking over the area a little earlier than expected, and we both were struggling a little bit with depression his week. However, because of this, I think we can relate and know how to help each other overcome this challenge. We've already seen success together, and I've already learned so much! We can just laugh, and vent, and cry, and discuss, etc. ANYthing. It's so great! I don't know how I managed to be so lucky, but I know that the Lord has been hearing and answering my prayers. How sweet it has been so far. I am just filled with gratitude.

I am optimistic for this transfer, but I also have the prompting and feeling that this transfer will only be as successful as I make it. This is the same with all other transfers, but I feel this one is different. I could slump back into my weaknesses, or I could use this as a time to strengthen myself and my companion, buckle down and take everything I have learned and put it into practice. I feel like God is giving me another chance, and He wants me to succeed. And even though I seem to never be enough, I think he knows I WILL accomplish a lot this transfer. I feel like He trusts me enough to let me take the lead this transfer. Almost like He is saying, "Okay, Sister Inman. You've made some great progress on your mission so far. But I know that you are capable of becoming and doing so much more. I am giving you the tools, the companion, the hope, and the faith you need to give it your all. I trust you with this area. I know you will become the missionary you are meant to become this transfer."

So my companion and I have decided to do a musical number for the 1/2 mission Christmas Conference next Wednesday! She can sing, and I'm getting better at the piano, so we are doing "Mary, Did You Know?". One of my favorites! I've been working really hard on it whenever we have breakfast, lunch, or before bed, etc. And I've gotten a lot better! Please pray that I can do well enough to sound good! :)

Tuesday, Diane had her baptismal interview, and she passed! Obviously, haha. And when she came out, I asked her how she felt, and she said, "Excited! I can't wait!" and she had a big smile on her face. She's so sweet. She was so ready.

Wednesday we had zone meeting in Sahuarita. Three Missionaries that I have served with are going home tomorrow :'( Elder Dilworth, who was my first zone leader, in Sierra Vista, Elder Carico, who was in my district in the Gila Valley, and Sister Daun, who I served with in Sierra Vista, Northwest, and now Southeast. I have met some of the best people and friends on my mission. And I will miss them!


Inline image 1 

Elder Carico, from Houston, Texas.

Inline image 2

Elder Dilworth, from Burley, Idaho. (Throwback to 14 months ago!)

Inline image 3

Throwback to Northwest!

Inline image 4

Sister Daun from Cincinnati, Ohio.

Inline image 5

Southeast Zone, sorry for the bad quality!

Inline image 6

Elder Dilworth is "dying". Get it? 

Inline image 9

Las Hermanas!

Saturday was the GREATEST DAY ever!

Inline image 10

I LOVE DIANE! There was such a good turnout, and she had so many supporters there. Because of the new ward, she is the FIRST EVER baptism in the history of the Mt. Fagan Ward! None of the bishopric were going to be able to make it, though they wanted to, but by some miracle, two of them were able to come. The baptism was so beautiful, and we got to stand behind and watch her from the steps of the font. So we got to watch her face and encourage her. There was a special spirit there. Her nonmember daughter came, and we didn't think she would. She is not really interested, but she was brought to tears. Diane bore her testimony at the end about how she knows the priesthood power is real, and that she knows that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the one and only true church. Pow.

Later that day, there was a senior's dinner for the community, hosted by the church, in conjunction with a local program/service. It was so much fun, and we sat with a table of senior citizens and got to know them and eat Christmas dinner with them! They were so funny! Mary Jo, Sharon, John, Fred, and Jack. How fitting! We also got a picture with Santa! :)

Inline image 11

How great it is to get to know people and to be a missionary in simple ways. we got contact information from a couple of them and hope to visit them soon! :)

Well, I just love this gospel. I am determined to be a consecrated missionary. I won't waste a second of these last few months I have. I'm going to rely on the Lord, feast upon the word, be exactly obedient, do my very best, and God will do the rest. My challenge for myself is to invite ALL to come unto Christ. To never hesitate to share what I know.

We are hopefully meeting with Nathaniel this week!! Thank you for your prayers in his behalf! Diane was most DEFINITELY blessed by your prayers, and she said "I had no idea just how different I would feel. A burden was completely lifted off my shoulders. I just feel so good!" Her confirmation blessing was beautiful, and I plan on writing it out for her soon. 

I just thought of something. You know the saying, "if there's a will, there's a way"? Well think about this: "When we act according to HIS will, HE provides a way". Whoah! Thanks, Spirit! I love those random a-ha moments! 

Here's a couple more thoughts:

"Don't evaluate yourself... harshly".- President Passey In other words, allow yourself to evaluate your strengths and weaknesses, and with a determination to improve, try your best and trust in God to help you!

Favorite scripture of the week: Mosiah 2:31, 41 Keep the commandments, and God blesses you with Happiness, and NO enemy (or weakness!) can overpower you!

I love you all so much, I keep you in my prayers, and I can feel yours every day. It's what gets me through!

Have a great week!!! :)

Sister Inman

No comments:

Post a Comment