I am Sister Torie Inman and I have been called of God to serve as a full-time missionary for His church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the Arizona Tucson Mission.

Saturday, December 3, 2016

Sister Inman Letter - November 28, 2016

#LighttheWorld

Hello hello hello!

Sorry, I just cut the tip of my finger like an hour ago, so I put gauze and a band aid over it, but it makes it very awkward and inconvenient to type with haha. So if there are any random Z's or S's or other letters, or if it my email isn't as long, sorry! It's because I am missing the use of my ring finger! You don't know what you've got till you can't use it anymore! Haha.

Well, Thanksgiving was good! We actually resorted to just one Thanksgiving dinner, but it was very good, and though I felt very full afterwards, I didn't go into a food coma, nor did I completely stuff my face and I am not as worried about the extra pounds that I gained last year during the Holidays. One holiday down, Two to Go! Haha :) Trying to resist the urge to try every flavor of pie. Speaking of which, last night for dinner, our new Ward Mission Leader had us over for dinner and we had homemade Chicken Pot Pie! Man, was it good! Flaky Crust, all the fillings, it was the best. :)

So this week was yet another unique experience! 

Monday night, we felt that we should try this one family in the ward. Then when we got there, we didn't feel right about it. Those moments are the best.... but then we prayed to know where to go, and Sister McCombie was reminded of a potential investigator that she had found a few months ago. We felt good about it, so we went. The TV was on and pretty loud, but we knocked on the screen door. No response and it was pretty quiet, because I didn't want to sound like I was trying to break down the door. They didn't have a doorbell, (Who'da thunk that you'd miss door bells?) But we tried everything. The window, the wind chimes, everything. I was determined to get this door opened. And then we heard someone say, "Someone is knocking!" And they came to the door and opened it. There she was! Vicki! She was friendly to us, and we asked her if we could come back and share a message about Jesus Christ that would bring strength and happiness and peace to her life. She said "Yes!" We asked her how she thought that it would bless her family to strengthen her relationship with Christ, and she said, "Well, it would really help our family. We are going through a really hard time right now, with my daughter's illness [not for blog: she has cancer]." She invited us back, and we look forward to meeting with her again! New investigator on a Monday!

Then on Wednesday, we met Neila. Neila is an investigator that was previously in the Vail Elders' area, but due to the ward split/boundary changes, she is now in our ward! :) Sorry for them, but awesome for us! She is amazing! So some background on Neila, I wish I could tell you everything, but there is only so much I am allowed to share over email. She is from Northern Africa, [not for blog: A place called Tunisia, look it up on the map] and she is very committed to the faith that they practice there. She came to America and fell in love with the Christians. She loves the Mormons in particular. She came to America, and said, "this country has God!" Really, we don't realize how good we have it in the United States. We get to practice and believe what we so choose! Another thing to be grateful for! :)

Well, that's all the time I have, but I wanted to introduce you to the Christmas video! #LighttheWorld !

There is an Advent Calendar that starts December 1st, and goes till Christmas! There will be a new video coming out every DAY. Watch the kickoff video at: https://www.mormon.org/?cid=HP_FR_25-11-2016_dMIS_fmorg_xLIDyL1-A_
The Christmas season is about service. Christ served every day of His life. Every day in December, go to the website to find a way to serve... just like the Savior did. 25 ways, in 25 days. We are so excited! I look forward to hearing your experiences!!!

Anyway, the Church is true, the Gospel is Perfect, Christ is our Savior. I love each and every one of you.

Have a great week!

Happy birthday Dom! Love you!

Love,
Sister Inman

Dinner with some members from Thatcher!




Ugh, the quickest way to start a fight at a Thanksgiving party. 

Thanksgiving with the Leach's!



No comments:

Post a Comment