I am Sister Torie Inman and I have been called of God to serve as a full-time missionary for His church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the Arizona Tucson Mission.

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Sister Inman Letter - August 8, 2016

Another transfer, here we come!


Well, Sister Hunt and I are staying together, as was expected! the work here has been so wonderful, and it has been incredible to see the miracles happen as we have striven to be more obedient, more diligent, better at planning and following up, and better at being prompt to things, including contacting referrals and less actives. It has been neat to see the Lord working through us.

Well, this week was alright, I have been struggling with keeping up with the physically draining aspect of missionary work. I guess this week has been better, I have been a little more energized, but I am trying to catch up! 

Before I forget, HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!! :)

Speaking of love, one Christlike attribute I have been working on lately is charity. For if you have not charity... you have nothing. Therefore, I must have charity haha. And I feel like as I pray for it every day, throughout the day, I can feel God blessing me with it! And when I decide to love everyone, I have the Spirit with me a lot more! :)

A ton of appointments cancelled on us, and people keep getting sick, so I don't have a ton of experiences or things to report on this week, unfortunately. But we have planned a lot of really good things for this upcoming week and I am excited to contact EVERYONE and bring more souls unto Christ!

On Monday, we went bowling, and got a group discount! I beat everyone in our game, but then I got third place overall between the other two games. It was all fun though. :) I love our zone!

On Wednesday we got a training on Money and Time Management by the Brinkerhoff's, the senior couple in our zone. Elder Brinkerhoff has a background in finances, and Sister Brinkerhoff is fantastic at managing and using time effectively! So it was a much-needed training. 

On Thursday we did service again, but this time we went over to the campgrounds, and we raked and leveled out the grounds for the people to mow over. It's hard work when you're covering more than the space of a backyard! But luckily it wasn't terribly hot outside, and we had other missionaries to talk to!

We were able to do some family history on Saturday, and I became more familiar with the tree, and also how to use ancestry in combination with family search! I did some research on one of our ancestors, and it was really interesting to read more about who these people are, where they came from, and see any pictures or read any stories! I love family history! Also, we went on to Relative Finder, and it is super fun, because our mission has a group where we can log on and see how we are related to all of the other missionaries in our mission! Turns out that my last companion, Sister Chandler, and I are 4th cousins, twice removed! She is my closest missionary relative in the mission! No wonder we clicked so fast! We're family! :) I am also 4th cousins twice removed with President Passey, too haha.

We had a wonderful experience teaching Spryte and Gaven yesterday! We actually talked about the temple and family history with them! And at one point in the lesson, I felt impressed to share with them the strory in the Old Testament, about the Spirit of Elijah, where in this instance, it was Elisha. In 2 Kings 6:15-17. And something I shared with them was that just like in this story, we too are surrounded by those who are fighting for us, on the other side of the veil. And when we learn about them, and search for and do work for them, it creates a bond, and you develop a relationship with them. It is then that we can feel a closeness with them, and can feel of their protection when we go throughout our daily battles of life. We are not alone! They did not go through all that they did to pave the way for you, if you were destined to fail. They care just as much about your welfare as your Heavenly Father does. They can help you! It just bore a powerful witness to me of the reality of the Spirit World, and those who are beyond the veil. Love them and learn about them! Then you will be able to feel them with you! :) Also, all of their family got up and bore their testimonies in sacrament meeting. It was a very spiritual meeting.

Well, that's about all I have time for, sorry it's kind of short. I love and pray for you always! I hope you have a wonderful week! Keep the faith!

Love,
Sister Inman


Trying to be cute and take one of those grass pictures

Me and Sister Hunt

Us with Spryte and Gaven! Last night was our second to last lesson with them before they go back to Utah :( Then there's their Dad's finger photobombing

I beat everyone at bowling :) 114!

No comments:

Post a Comment