I am Sister Torie Inman and I have been called of God to serve as a full-time missionary for His church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the Arizona Tucson Mission.

Saturday, August 6, 2016

Sister Inman letter - July 25, 2016

Another week, and God still loves us!

Hello there!

Wow, I barely pass my halfway point of my mission, and all of my friends and family come home from theirs! Wow... To think of how fast time goes.

Well, this week was full of miracles and sweet promptings of the Spirit. I have noticed that it was increasingly more present with Sister Hunt and I this week, and I have learned that I should never take for granted or do anything that would drive the Spirit away.

So I left my journal at home.... So.... :(

We have been having some incredible miracles and successes lately though! We have a new investigator, Megan, who recently married a Less Active. He has actually been very spiritually influential on their family! He has taught them how to pray, and about faith, and he wants Megan to read the scriptures with him. We just gave her a set of scriptures, and she was so excited, because now she could read along with him, and even read when he is out of town for work. She came to church yesterday with her daughters!!! We were so happy.

And then there is Lisa. She is one of those less active's that has never really been active, even right after baptism. She never really developed that relationship with God, nor has she felt He has played any role in her life, because of all of the horrible things she has been through. We met with her, and had a fantastic lesson. Sister Hunt had forgotten her iPad that day, and when we were going to share a specific Mormon Message with her, we both felt like she wasn't ready. Sister Hunt asked more questions, and so I did, and I shared personal experiences, and the Spirit was so strong. And because we were open to it, we were both directed to specific scriptures. That was the first lesson that I've ever used that many scriptures to teach doctrine. We only used the scriptures, and she opened up to us.

A couple times during the lesson she just stopped and was just awe-struck. She'd say something like "you really believe that?" Or "wait.... You feel that same happiness that my son does, too?" And every time, Sister Hunt and I would say "YES. We KNOW it." It was just so neat to see how she was so amazed that it was possible that we could be so young, and yet already know for sure of God's love, already know that there is a plan for us, and already have experienced that permanent, lasting joy that comes from the Gospel alone. We felt so fantastic when we left that lesson. We left her with a bible and Book of Mormon, which she didn't want to take from us. We assured her that we had more where those came from. :) she was so grateful. We both had a really good feeling about her.

Spryte dropped her baptismal date, so she could wait till she was back in Utah. Her mom wants to see that it is truly her decision. We were at peace with it, and felt that it was what she needed, and that she needs a little more preparation. But we had a couple of really good lessons with her. She has grown, and her brother Gaven has grown so much spiritually. He is making spiritual connections that are so deep to him, and even I learn so much from him! We taught them the Ten Commandments using hand signs, and he memorized the scripture to go
along with it! :)

Thursday we went on exchanges, and Sister Daun came to the area with me! It was so fun, it was really nice to be with her. She is a hoot. :) For dinner that night, we had salmon and sautéed broccoli- probably the healthiest dinner of my mission. And guess what--- IT WAS SO GOOD! The BEST Salmon I had ever had, and I actually WANTED to eat it! It tasted so good, and I said a prayer beforehand that it would be, and that I would be able to eat it. I was pleasantly surprised. :) She sautéed her broccoli in oyster juice/stuff, and it actually had a good
flavor! I know, I'm going crazy, huh. I'm not the Sister Inman you used to know...haha.

On the plus side, I'm in better shape than I ever have been in my life! My calves are pretty solid. Working on my rock solid abs though haha. I actually enjoy exercise. I know, right?

Well, today we had a huge tournament combining the Northwest, Central, Spanish and Southeast Tucson Zones. There were ten games of 3 on 3, and I got to play a couple games too. Some of them got pretty intense! We decided to dress and act as cheerleaders, till they called me in to play. I represent the NW Zone. Haha.

You all are SO LUCKY you get to go up to the Pines!!! Lucky me I get to work in the blazing sun, about 175 degrees. But I guess I'm getting a tan out of it, so... YEAH, that's the other thing. I'm getting the sister missionary tan. And proud of it.

I hope that Dad has a fantastic birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! Enjoy it! I have the best Dad. In the world.

Well I hope you all have a great week! I love you all and pray for you! :)

Love,
Sister Inman

Sisters Inman and Hunt

Tucson North Zone Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment