I am Sister Torie Inman and I have been called of God to serve as a full-time missionary for His church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the Arizona Tucson Mission.

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Sister Inman Letter - March 6, 2017

Last Transfer.... and I can see the Light at the end of the Tunnel!

Good afternoon friends and family, it's Sister Inman here.

Well, I've officially reached that point in my young missionary life
where I only have one transfer, or 6 weeks left. It has been an
incredible experience, and I think I have grown the most during the
second half of my mission.

It's been a fantastic week, and we have had some wonderful things happen!

I am limited on time, as we have a ton to do today (the day before
transfers) but I'll try to share some success stories with you!

We met our investigator James (formerly referred to as Jim), at the
food bank that we volunteer at, and he told us he just didn't believe
the Joseph Smith thing, nor that he was a prophet. And he's like "I
was raised Southern Baptist! Have you ever tried to convert one of
those? You're not going to convert me. I'm not gonna be a Mormon." We
said, "Well, James, we're not the ones that are going to convert you.
If it was up to us to try to convince people to join our church, we
would have absolutely nobody join. I'm not that talented. But we want
to meet with you because we know it has blessed our lives, and because
we know it is true, and we want you to be blessed by it too." After
prompting him a couple of times, he agreed to meet with us one more
time. That lesson went a little interesting, and there is definitely a
long way to go, but he is now interested in meeting with us regularly!

Also, we started the lesson asking him why he thought we wanted to
meet with him again. He started off by saying, "I think you're going
to try this whole time to talk about and try to convince me about
Joseph Smith and that I should believe in that whole thing." Well,
nope, that's not why. We began to talk about our purpose here on this
earth, and agency, etc. and also read from Alma 32 comparing faith to
a seed, and how when we learn something, we should plant and nourish
it and allow it to grow, to see if it is a good fruit. He said "I
really like that, I agree with what Joseph Smith wrote there." Wait...
what? Joseph Smith didn't write that... "He didn't? (utter shock to
him) who did?" Alma! He is a prophet that was on the earth many years
before Christ came. He was completely dumbfounded. That led to a
discussion on the Book of Mormon and where it came from. At the end of
the lesson, he agreed to begin reading from the Book of Mormon.

Never give up on someone after the first try! I'm so glad we didn't,
though we almost did! Satan tries hard, that one. NOT TODAY, SATAN.

This week I finally was able to go out and be a fully functioning
missionary!!! Thank you all so much for your prayers and thoughts and
well wishes! I am back out and we're having some good experiences and
success. I still have some mucus and gross stuff in my sinuses and
throat, but I am so so so much better! Yay!!!!

And transfer cheese, I am staying in Saint David, and am getting
Sister Lund, from Utah. She's been out I think about 6 months...?

I also finally got the official "My Plan", or in other words, the
official church's program for missionaries during their last 6 weeks
to help prepare them for returning home, going back to school, getting
back into the workplace, etc.

Anyway, that's all the time I have for today.

Have a great week!

Love,
Sister Inman

Okay so the story with the policeman so you don't freak out, is that we were taking pictures on the side of the road and had several cars honk or stop to see if we needed help. One happened to be a policeman... and he asked if we were okay. We said yes, and then I said actually... can we take a picture with you? And he hesitated..... but then was like, "Okay, get in the back." So we did and got this awesome picture from the dash cam perspective. haha xD

He was a member. 




Converting the local Policeman

Well, I never thought I'd actually get caught

Only YOU can prevent Wildfires.

The Benson/Pomerene/Saint David District!




Photo shoot in front of the Saint David Sign! We had fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment