I am Sister Torie Inman and I have been called of God to serve as a full-time missionary for His church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the Arizona Tucson Mission.

Thursday, February 2, 2017

Sister Inman Letter - January 16, 2017

Zone Meeting, Temple, then Sick, but going strong!

Hey family!

This week was pretty packed but super awesome! We went to the temple, and it was amazing. Such a beautiful place and experience. I just love the feeling that is there, and being able to feel of God's love in greater abundance. I could definitely feel a boost of strength, and I was able to refill on my spiritual tank! I was also able to take a family name to the temple. It was a particularly sweet experience.

Yes, I got my contacts the night before our temple trip. It made things SO much more convenient! Thank you! And thanks for the Nutty Buddies! :)

So today has been kind of crazy, and I'm sorry I'm just now sending you my email. We've been in town and driving and super busy today and didn't really have time for much else. But I wanted to make sure to send you something!

So we get transfer calls this weekend, and my guess is that I'm going to be transferred. I had interviews today with President, and we talked about he next part of my life, but also about how much I've improved the past couple of weeks! I am a lot happier. I have been striving to be exactly obedient. I have been studying harder in the Book of Mormon. I have been searching and have found treasures! Wow, my life is so much better when I am more spiritual and missionary-focused! I have been trying to express more gratitude and focus in my prayers, and as a result, I am more grateful and focused, and ready to do the work!!! Let's go!!!

We had an awesome Zone meeting this week, too! It was about retention and reactivation efforts. We want to spend a lot of our prayers and planning on strengthening less active members in our areas, and strengthen the wards that we serve in. Are there people in your Ward that you haven't seen in awhile? That are struggling? That need service done for them? Even active members? Offer to serve people that come to your mind. Reach out! God will give you opportunities to be a missionary in your area. :)

Well, the last thing I wanted to say is that we had a FANTASTIC lesson with Nathaniel this week!!!! The best one we've ever had with him, and the best one we've taught together. We had been trying to find a member to come with us the previous day, and ended up having to postpone it to another day... and then felt inspired to ask Brother
Turner to come with us, who we JUST SO HAPPENED to eat dinner with the night that we would have had our lesson, and were able to have him come with us the next day. And it was perfect. God provided the way, and they clicked really well!!! We read in Helaman 5 about the Savior's ability to redeem us and restore and repair the damage that we have created by our sins. We also discussed the role that Christ plays as our firm foundation. Nathaniel understood the analogy as he compared it to construction work. Bro. Turner testified of this truth several times throughout the lesson, and you could tell that Nathaniel truly valued what Brother Turner said. He testified of the importance of reading the Book of Mormon every day, and that God gives us everything, so we can give Him 10 minutes a day. Nathaniel really seemed to be taking in what had been said. The Spirit was super strong as we all testified of repentance and the redeeming power of the Atonement, which erases all wrongs and sin. We really feel that this was a turning point for  Nathaniel. We really think this is the starting point of his progression to baptism!!!

I love this gospel, I love being a missionary in the ATM. (Arizona Tucson Mission). I am doing a lot better. Thank you so much for your prayers and support of me!!!


Love you tons! Have a great week!
Love,
Sister Inman

Displaying image1.JPG

Displaying image2.JPG

Displaying image3.JPG

Displaying image4.JPG

Displaying image6.JPG

Displaying image8.JPG

Displaying image3.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment