I am Sister Torie Inman and I have been called of God to serve as a full-time missionary for His church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the Arizona Tucson Mission.

Thursday, February 2, 2017

Sister Inman Letter - January 23, 2017

Two Transfers Left... And I AM SO READY TO BEAR DOWN and POUND THE PAVEMENT. IT'S GO TIME!!!!

HEY FAMILY! Sorry, I am so distracted today. And I have a LOT to DO!!!! Lots of packing and cleaning and everything left! Sorry, it's not as long as I'd like it to be. But I will try to make it a good one. :)

Wow. This week has been interesting! I have had some really wonderful experiences this week. Some of my most spiritual moments of my mission. I was still sick for like the first half of the week, and am still getting better, but I am a lot better than I was.

Well, before I forget to tell you, I am being transferred! To SAINT DAVID!!! I'm going back to the Sierra Vista Zone! I'll be in the San Pedro and St. David Wards, and my new companion will be Sister Freeman, who just finished being trained and I will be her second companion. My guess is that this will be my last area. And I am so ready and excited to start new and bust out these next 3 months strong. I'm not trunky, I am not counting down the days. But my companion and the emails I am getting from Headquarters are, haha. I have less than I'd like, but for once, I feel okay. I am ready to do my absolute best, with a new companion, and be a leader and be strong and put everything I've learned to the test. I am so excited. One thing I have also realized is that I have met some of the most incredible people in the world on my mission. I have met so many amazing families that I love and will miss forever, and I am so grateful to have felt their love. I have also met the most incredible missionaries, who have become some of my best friends. I am so grateful to have been able to meet the people that I have, and to have been able to learn so much. 

This week, I was able to defend the faith. I was able to stand up for what I knew to be true and declare with boldness, but not overbearance, that I know that the things which I came out to testify of are true. without a doubt. I have had few other experiences in which I have felt the Spirit testify as strongly as it did there at that moment. I was on exchanges. We went to this former investigator's house, and got there right as he was pulling up. So he got out of his car, and talked to us for about an hour. We essentially taught the entire restoration. He had a lot to say about how religion is manmade and how God is everywhere, and he doesn't need a book or a church to get to/talk to God, but that just talking with us or other people about God that that is church. But after much of his opinions and everything, I was able to be bold and ask if I could speak and say something, etc. I don't think I have been as bold as I was with him ever before. But I prayed that God would help me to not argue or be contentious, but that I could bear my testimony with power and with the Spirit. So God gave me the strength to do it. And it was probably the most powerful testimony I have ever borne. I bore my witness of the Book of Mormon, the Prophet, the Church, and this sacred work which I am a part of. I testified that I knew these things of a surety, and that I did not come out on my mission and go through half of the things I have to be here to spread a lie. I know God directs us through living prophets. I know that I am supposed to be here so I can meet specific people that I can share this truth with. I wish I could repeat everything. But I teared up and it was a much needed experience for me. I had my testimony confirmed once again.

Well, that's all the time I have today. I love you all, and will send you pictures. Have a great week!!!!

Love,
Sister Inman


No comments:

Post a Comment