I am Sister Torie Inman and I have been called of God to serve as a full-time missionary for His church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the Arizona Tucson Mission.

Thursday, February 2, 2017

Sister Inman Letter - January 30, 2017

SISTER CHARLES IS REBORN.

Greetings, from Saint David, Arizona!!! How was all of y'alls' weeks? (Not sure how to properly ask that question...) Also, I think that when I get home, I'll probably sound like I've digressed in my grammar and ability to speak like a sophisticated person. I seem to have picked up quite a few phrases and terms on my mission that I didn't ever use before..... Well, I'm certainly morphed into something different! Who'da thunk that the people on this part of the state would communicate so much differently than we do? It's almost like people are from the South here in Southern Arizona. It's the beeeessssstttttt! I love it!

Well, this week was awesome! Monday was super fun, I got to go spend it with my district in Sahuarita in the morning, and then head over to my other district friends in Rincon for the afternoon. I truly have made a lot of great friends in the Southeast Zone. Monday night was pretty stressful, because I had to finish packing, and try to get rid of stuff and things like that. My goal these last two transfers is to dejunk and get rid of a whole lot of stuff. SIMPLIFY will be my favorite word. 

Tuesday morning, Sister Spencer and I drove over to the transfer site, and we parted ways! :( I truly loved my companion. She has become one of my greatest friends, and we both helped each other grow so much as individuals, and as missionaries. When I left, we had just begun to have hope for the work picking up! Sister Spencer is training now, and I am confident that she will do so well! I took the transfer van down to good ole Sierra Vista Zone, and stopped in Benson, AZ! There I met my new companion, Sister Freeman!!! She is seriously almost an exact duplicate of Sister Charles. She looks the same, talks the same, is the same height, haircut, similar style, sometimes, too. There are obviously some significant differences, but sometimes... it's a little scary! She is from Atlanta, Georgia. Woohoo! But she doesn't really have too much of an accent, because she's from the northern part.

Let's see. I've had some interesting experiences this week! I got to hold a bunny.... who belongs to a family who raises them and then eats them... They're an AWESOME family! But when I heard that, I was a little disturbed! Haha.

I also met a dog that is half pitbull, half basset hound....... one of the weirdest looking dogs I've ever seen! It was cute, but what?

Wednesday we had the Worldwide Missionary Broadcast, remember how they had the first one in over 10 years last year? I got to watch another one! And they made some significant changes! They completely changed the daily schedule, and got rid of most of the key indicators that we report on weekly. We only report on 4 of them now. And we no longer have a section to input daily goals. What?! I am liking the new schedule, though, it has alleviated a lot of stress, and we have enough time to get done the things that we need to get done! Including on P-days! Which is a HUGE help!

Speaking of P-day, I just got back from going and visiting the Kartchner Caverns! WOW! What an amazing museum/exhibit/place! A kind member took us and two other sets of missionaries. I think Jesse would absolutely LOVE it!!! We went to the cave called the Throne Room, which was AMAZING! It is so beautiful! And God is such a good artist. He is a genius! To think that something so incredible could have happened naturally, it was truly awe-inspiring. Too bad we weren't allowed to take pictures.

This week we taught a girl named Hailey, who is probably about 25, and she has a 6 or so year old and a baby. She is from the south and has an awesome accent! She is on the search for truth and wants to find something that will strengthen her family. We set a baptismal date for her for February 25th!!! (Happy birthday Mom!) and we have high hopes for her!

Another man we are teaching's name is Don. He's in his 50's. He is also from the South (they're everywhere! haha), and we are trying to help him as he makes his way back to the Church. 

My first Sunday in Saint David was SOOOO LONG! Church and Meetings from 8:30am till 4pm!

In answer to a few questions!

-The Tillett's are actually in either the Pomerene or Patton ward! So sad, they're not in mine, but it's fun to know someone that lives around here!

I cover Tombstone as part of my area! Super stoked, I get to work in the town too tough to die!

I am so happy to get all of these hilarious pictures of Rory! It's so fun to see her mature and see her sense of humor come in. I love her so much. Already!

Well, that's mostly all I have to say this week! I hope you all have a wonderful week, and stay safe, and keep reading your scriptures, and living the gospel, and smiling, and laughing, and sharing the gospel! How is that going with the neighbor, by the way?

Anyway, I love you tons.

Have a great week!

Love, 
Sister Inman


Displaying IMG_1062.JPG
Blessed Arizona! :)

Displaying IMG_1077.JPG

Displaying IMG_1087.JPG
True Statement! I love how fancy it is, and yet it says that haha

Displaying IMG_1189.JPG

Sister Spencer's birthday was on the 20th, and some awesome members, the Demaio's, took us all out to Macayo's!!! It was her husband's birthday too, and also Elder Taylor is somehow related to her too! So the Elders came too. And our former investigator, Rod. Haha. :) It was really good! I missed Macayo's!

Displaying IMG_1218.JPG

One of my FAVORITE families in Vail, the Weitz'!!! They are the family that Jayda lived with when she got baptized!

Displaying IMG_1322.JPG

old district!

Displaying IMG_1400.JPG
Isn't she cute?

Displaying IMG_1460.JPG
Our dog reminds me of Chloe!


Displaying IMG_1497.JPG
Got a haircut!

Displaying IMG_1499.JPG
Ride to kartchner caverns!

Displaying IMG_1504.JPG
St. David

Displaying IMG_1512.JPG
District!

No comments:

Post a Comment